Thursday, November 18, 2010


Violet Raines Almost Got Struck by Lighting

Jasmine Okidi’s Review

I first purchased ‘Violet Raines Almost Got Struck by Lighting’ in the summer of 2008 at a school book fair. After reading the whole book, | had to say that my best interest in it was the fact that it had know illustrations or photos so that I can imagine myself what the characters and the setting could look like. My second and last was the way that the author kind of felt like she was in Violet’s shoes, feeling the same jealousy as Violet. This book was so good that I couldn’t help but just read 2 more times! The second time I could understand the book a bit better because it was in ’08 that I first read it and then in ’09 when I read it again I was a bit more mature to understand some of the dares in the book. The third time I read it, I could only get halfway through the book because apparently, the last night I read it and I placed it under my pillow, the Tooth Fairy must’ve mistaken it for a tooth!

Anyway, my favorite par of the book was the fact that when the Melissa Gold made Violet so jealous because not only did she steal so called ‘Charlotte’ as a best friend but then Eddie didn’t have any interest at ALL in Violet. That just made the novel juicier than juice itself! If I were writing this story, I would make it a series and at the end of the first book, I wouldn’t make them friends again at the end of the book. I say this because in Violet Raines Almost Got Struck by Lighting’s main idea of it is the fact that there’s drama and if they just all suddenly forget about all of the feud at the book and become friends, it kind of gets less exciting every time you see the book.

Above all, violet Raines almost got struck by lighting was a great book and if I were to make a wish, I would say that I wish I could find that absolutely magnificent fantastic book of mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment